01 February 2008

photobooth friday



hi, photobooth friday is officially two years old. I don't know how, but I missed it. a hearty woohoo is definitely in order, even if it is a week or two late.

in honor of this miraculous two year anniversary, I'm thinking it might be time to switch up the scene a bit, you know, shake things up. am thinking monthly challenges might be just the thing. those of you who have regular access to photobooths can choose to participate. or not. you won't hurt my feelings if you don't. really, you won't. it's just something I've been thinking about for a while, something I thought might be... how you say? fun.

the first official assignment (good all the way through this very short month of february) is: TEXT

find ways to bring text into the booth with you. blue skies here, folks-- wide open to all kinds of anything. think handwritten messages, found signage and the like.

assignments are in place for the next several months though I am still combing for fresh ideas and am open to any and all suggestions. please do feel free to leave your two cents worth.

please do check the photobooth friday flickr group for more of the PBF goods. oh, and congratulations to my favorite photobooth friday couple (matt and jördis). they're getting hitched and another raucous woohoo is absolutely necessary. hello, lovebirds? I am expecting steamy nuptial photobooth frames from you in the coming months. in fact, I am pretty much counting on it.

11 comments:

  1. oh, i love a good challenge. and if i'd gotten my self together, i'd intended to have text in the photo booth for last month's self portrait challenge, i just never got there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. consider the challenge taken... I already have some ideas floating to the surface!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - since you used to live in Atlanta, can you suggest some photobooth locations to me? I'd love to join, and I look for them all the time but just haven't been successful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey! check this out:

    http://poppytalk.blogspot.com/2008/02/double-flipping-over.html

    sort of photoboothish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm lookin' forward to what all you photo booth peeps come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just a note to say that i am totally and completely in love with your blog. just reading it and looking at your gorgeous pictures and projects makes me feel happier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. kristen and nessie-- I knew you two would be up for the challenge! woohoo!

    julie-- unfortunately, atlanta is a little short on photobooths. not sure why. didn't always used to be that way. the only true photobooth (that I know of) is a color one located at star bar on moreland avenue in little five points. to make matters worse, it's not so reliable. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. you can always call ahead. sometimes they'll let you in during the day. if you decide to go at night, tuesdays are the best-- a little crowded and predictable now (used to be a lot crustier, and I mean that in a good way) but the music is still good (obscure 70s funk and the like). in terms of photobooths, your only other option is to go digital. we used to hit the one out at the mall of georgia. horrible image quality, but better than nothing. hope that helps! and please do let me know if you anymore in the area...

    thanks, jan! crazy, ain't it? and you KNOW I love that link. :)

    michelle, we'll try!

    sarah, thank you so much. such kind words. much appreciated on my end. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the two years of Photobooth Friday! Your pictures are so thought provocative. When I saw your article in Artful Blogging and your guerilla art project inspired me, I knew I'd have to pay your blog a visit. Thanks for lending a little inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The fact that I am so behind in my reading makes no sense. Because I can't imagine a blog world without you in it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on two years of the awesome, amazing Photobooth Friday project!

    ReplyDelete