10 April 2013

sundays (11/52)







sunday, march the seventeenth (or, something like three weeks ago): things that belonged to my mother (special things, sacred things), red in the house (always red), my dad's sweet hand (and the class ring that won't come off), basketball on the television (always basketball on the television), her favorite cherry glasses (tiny happy vessels), mom (sweet mom, lover of cute red things).

home in illinois, first sunday I spent going through her things. not the last. 

9 comments:

  1. love the hand. love your mom's beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds like an amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh I just love this. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hand reminds me so much of my mother. I truly miss her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom has a diary from her girlhood almost exactly like that - so sweet.

    xo
    cortnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must be hard going through all of her sweet things, but I'm sure it brings you closer to her. She was a beauty! I love her smile. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely. Your mom's bracelet sent me on a hunt for my mom's bracelet. Called my sister; she swiped it, again.

    ReplyDelete