27 January 2016

color//colour red












in the name of the color red, I:

found it in the folds of a quilt.
found it in the details of a gas station.
found it underneath the chipped paint of a coffee shop floor.
looked for it on the shelves of book stores and libraries.
drove around downtown in the cold, cold rain in search of it.
purchased the reddest thing I could find at the thrift store (which was a bowl, a teeny tiny bowl).
purchased fifteen pieces of the reddest candy for exactly one dollar (not including tax).
wore two different shades of it on my toes.
ate maraschino cherries straight out of the jar.

(more of my reds here, more about color//colour lovers here, lovely co-collaborator xanthe's reds here and both of our colors live quite happily here)

and now: yellow.

2 comments:

  1. I love this. I love this. I love this. I'm going on a yellow hunt tomorrow and I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete